Activating USAGE TRACKING with OBIEE 11G (188.8.131.52) is not an easy thing to do. The tutorial provided by Oracle is incomplete and contains a lot of errors. So to make your life easier, you can download a fully compatible Usage Tracking repository for OBIEE 184.108.40.206, the Usage Tracking Catalog and the Installation SQL Script.
Quick Notes on these files:
To create the repository, I downloaded one from http://total-bi.com/2011/09/obiee-11g-usage-tracking-rpd/ but I had to tweak it a bit to make it compatible with 220.127.116.11.
- A new Column (ID VARCHAR(50) NOT NULLABLE) in table S_NQ_ACCT
- All columns in S_NQ_ACCT are now NULLABLE (except for the colums ID ans CACHE_IND_FLG)
- Many foreign keys were broken so i recreated it
- The join in the “Measure” logical table have been rebuilt
The SQL Script is the 4 scripts you have to run on your [prefixed]_BIPLATFORM schema (the one created with the rcu setup) t. I have appended them in the good order and I
- removed some statements that cause errors (2 drop table on tables that don’t exist)
- added 1 missing CREATE VIEW.
I found the catalog on my server (OBIEE_HOME/instances/instance1/bifoundation/OracleBIServerComponent/coreapplication_obis1/sample/usagetracking). This is an archive you can import with the Unarchive feature in Catalog Manager.
- I had to rewrite the filters of every analysis
- The first page name “Dashboard” is the only dashboard page provided; I created the others..
- I wrote a few analysis and added it to the pages I made
I created the new dashboard pages because I don’t like to have just a bunch of links.. I recommend to create your own analysis and add it to a new page like I did.
The last thing to do is to activate Usage Tracking within Oracle Enterprise Manager. You can follow the step by step procedure provided by Oracle at http://www.oracle.com/webfolder/technetwork/tutorials/obe/fmw/bi/bi1116/ut/ut.html (section Configuring Usage Tracking in Enterprise Manager)
Hope this help.