Activating USAGE TRACKING with OBIEE 11G (18.104.22.168) is not an easy thing to do. The tutorial provided by Oracle is incomplete and contains a lot of errors. So to make your life easier, you can download a fully compatible Usage Tracking repository for OBIEE 22.214.171.124, the Usage Tracking Catalog and the Installation SQL Script.
Quick Notes on these files:
To create the repository, I downloaded one from http://total-bi.com/2011/09/obiee-11g-usage-tracking-rpd/ but I had to tweak it a bit to make it compatible with 126.96.36.199.
- A new Column (ID VARCHAR(50) NOT NULLABLE) in table S_NQ_ACCT
- All columns in S_NQ_ACCT are now NULLABLE (except for the colums ID ans CACHE_IND_FLG)
- Many foreign keys were broken so i recreated it
- The join in the “Measure” logical table have been rebuilt
The SQL Script is the 4 scripts you have to run on your [prefixed]_BIPLATFORM schema (the one created with the rcu setup) t. I have appended them in the good order and I
- removed some statements that cause errors (2 drop table on tables that don’t exist)
- added 1 missing CREATE VIEW.
I found the catalog on my server (OBIEE_HOME/instances/instance1/bifoundation/OracleBIServerComponent/coreapplication_obis1/sample/usagetracking). This is an archive you can import with the Unarchive feature in Catalog Manager.
- I had to rewrite the filters of every analysis
- The first page name “Dashboard” is the only dashboard page provided; I created the others..
- I wrote a few analysis and added it to the pages I made
I created the new dashboard pages because I don’t like to have just a bunch of links.. I recommend to create your own analysis and add it to a new page like I did.
The last thing to do is to activate Usage Tracking within Oracle Enterprise Manager. You can follow the step by step procedure provided by Oracle at http://www.oracle.com/webfolder/technetwork/tutorials/obe/fmw/bi/bi1116/ut/ut.html (section Configuring Usage Tracking in Enterprise Manager)
Hope this help.
What a great post with downloads that can actually be used and work well with 188.8.131.52.
Thank you from me and all the others that plan on downloading them.
Thank you so much for your guide. i extracted “Usage Tracking Catalog” but in zip file have 1 file “UsageTrackingCatalog”.
I didn’t copy to my catalog. how to merge your catalog and my catalog?
can you help me?
@Phuong-hv open your catalog with the catalog manager, and select File / Unarchive and select the file from the Zip. It should works !
By the way, the repositority password is: Admin123
I don’t see any links to download the required files. Any help regarding this.
Hello, the links have been restored. Sorry for that.
Thank you so much for this post!